We are a diverse range of talented professionals with a common passion for improving public services and are always interested in hearing from others who share this passion.
While the majority of Smart Consult people are associates, we are pleased to consider candidates who wish to work on a permanent basis.
• An opportunity to work in a less hierarchical environment, and supported flexible working where we find the best solutions for an equal balance of quality of life and value for clients.
• An opportunity to be involved in work which matters alongside colleagues you respect and trust
• A key career step for ambitious people looking to accelerate their development in Public Sector posts
We provide the opportunity to do practical work on the ground as part of a team, using personal experience and credibility to influence peers and design practical solutions that improve services. Because of this we are not only interested in working with those who have come through the traditional consulting route, but also welcome interest from professionals, such as clinicians, teachers, who are looking to diversify in to an advisory role.
How we recruit
Ultimately the decision to recruit staff and associates is based on three simple tests that we have used from Day One:
• Head – does the candidate have the ability or potential to do high quality work in a loosely structured environment on challenging public sector assignments?
• Heart – does he or she have a passion for the public sector and a desire to contribute to building Smart Consulting and bringing our values to life?
• Gut –will he or she work well with our team and our clients?
During the interview process you will meet with at least two founding Directors of Smart Consulting. At every stage of the process we aim to give you insights into what working at Smart Consulting is like. There is a lot of talking involved and we aim for you to learn as much about us as we will be learning about you.
If you share our passion and enjoy working in a highly motivated and creative team we look forward to you getting in touch for an informal discussion.